Tifa Foundation is an organization that promotes the realization of an open society through strategic partnerships with civil society at the local, national, and international level through a constructive engagement approach.
Tifa Foundation works in Indonesia and places high priority on protecting and improving the lives of people in marginalized communities. Tifa’s values of openness, diversity, equality, and justice are the guidance of overall Tifa’s work.
To expand our work, we are currently seeking:
Project Officer for Jurnalisme Aman! [Safe Journalism] Promoting the protection of journalism and safety of journalists in Indonesia
Position Code: PO-JA
The Officer will be responsible for the management of a Jurnalisme Aman!: Promoting the protection of journalism and safety of journalists in Indonesia project at Tifa Foundation.
- Educational requirement: Bachelor or Master Degree in social science, journalism, or human rights studies is strongly preferred. Alternatively, University Degree with a major in law or political science will also be considered.
- Excellent written, verbal, research, analytical, and communication skills.
- Having a minimum of five years of experience working on issues of mass media, journalism, human rights, and democracy is preferable.
- Sufficient knowledge in project management, research and human rights and able to organize various discussion forums and multistakeholder cooperation
- Demonstrated experience of working in collaboration with multistakeholder, such as journalists, CSO, and government entities.
- Ability to work under pressure, organize and prioritize workload, and meet multiple deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Fluent in English.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Project Management and Administrative:
- Prepare a work plan and organize all activities in the JA project with the Program Officer.
- Prepare a budget plan and regularly report on budget utilization.
- Ensure documentation of all activities during the project is stored properly.
- Monitor and evaluate projects with Program Officer.
- Draft reports for Tifa Foundation’s Boards and donors.
- Conduct regional and national multistakeholder meetings (knot-tying mechanism) for complaint handling mechanism for violence on journalists
- Set the strategic meeting for submission of the roadmaps and recommendations to the relevant state institutions.
- Liaising with relevant government officials, donors, partners, other CSOs and activists relevant to this issue
- The Officer will need to draft external communications materials including policy paper, blogs, briefings, and infographics when needed.
- Support the communication strategy of Tifa’s at large by creating content for website and social media.
This position is a full-time position, with 1 (one) year fixed term initial contract. The extension will be subject to job performance and the availability of the budget.
- Closing Date of Application: 22 October 2021
- Please e-mail us your Application Letter and your Latest CV/Resume to: email@example.com
- Please put Position Code as the subject of your e-mail.
Tifa is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.