For more than 21 years, Tifa Foundation has strived to safeguard democracy in Indonesia, uphold human rights, and promote diversity, equality, and justice. We retain our impartiality while working through constructive engagement and strategic partnerships with various actors, including civil society, government, and ad-hoc bodies across grassroots, national, and international levels.
To achieve its goals and objectives, Tifa uses two models of working. Firstly, providing resources to support civil society organizations’ work. Secondly, developing and implementing programs independently based on our vision, mission, and values.
Tifa has consistently responded to crucial issues, including government transparency and accountability, digital data ecosystem, strengthening democracy, transitional justice, natural resources, and fulfilling civil society rights, including human rights for vulnerable communities.
To maintain the work of Tifa, we invite potential candidate to fill the position of:
Project Officer for Digital Civic Space (Consultant)
Based in Jakarta, hybrid.
The Project Officer will be responsible for the implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the Digital Civic Space project at Tifa Foundation. The project seeks to support the strengthening of civil society’s meaningful participation in the development of policies related to data governance and their strategic digital activism. The Officer will work closely with the Project Manager and Program Assistant for Data Policy and Governance (DPG).
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of digital governance, data governance, and/or technology and human rights.
- Good understanding of trends in the intersection of digital technology, data, and civic activism.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and synthesis abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Indonesian and English.
- Ability to collaborate with others in a multicultural and demanding working environment with cross-program coordination.
- Experience in managing projects/programs, particularly one that involves several implementation partners.
- Strong intrinsic motivation, open to feedback, and a lighthearted but determined attitude.
- Good understanding of the regulatory landscape in Indonesia which shapes trends in personal data protection and digital activism.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in working with actors or civil society groups working on the personal data protection and digital activism space in Indonesia.
- Experience in carrying out research and advocacy.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate forums/workshops and manage group activities.
Scope of work:
- Implement project activities, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting according to the project framework.
- Monitor and provide feedback on the work done by implementing partners (grantees) and consultants.
- Prepare project reports.
- Develop/maintain relationships with stakeholders.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
Project management and administration:
- Implement project activities under the supervision of Tifa’s DPG program leadership.
- Monitor and evaluate overall project implementation with the DPG program team.
- Coordinate regularly with implementing partners and provide them with strategic advice to support the planning, implementation, and reporting of their work packages.
- Support budget management.
- Ensure that the documentation of all activities during the project is stored properly.
- Support network development, fostering communication and collaboration.
- Develop and consolidate reports on project implementation to Tifa’s Boards and donors.
- Coordinate with Tifa’s support team (Office; Grants; Finance; Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning; Communications) for project implementation and reporting.
- Monitor developments in the intersection of digital technology, data, and civic activism.
Advocacy and communications:
- In coordination with Tifa’s Communications Officer, transform project outputs into knowledge products, effective advocacy messages, and impact stories.
- Raise awareness of the issues which are the focus of the Digital Civic Space project through varied avenues.
- Promote uptake of policy and practice recommendations by relevant stakeholders.
- Represent Tifa in relevant fora and meetings.
The position is a full-time consultant with a fixed-term contract for six months, beginning in September 2023, with the possibility of an extension and promotion subject to satisfactory performance and observed competence.
- Closing date of application: August 9, 2023.
- Please e-mail us your application letter and your latest CV/resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please put “position code (PO DCS)_your name” as the subject of your e-mail
Tifa Foundation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.